The Role of Dash Cam Footage in a Car Accident
Dash cam footage can serve as important evidence in an auto accident case, used to help determine who is at fault. If footage shows another driver’s negligence, it can strengthen your case – and potentially help recover the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Ross Moore Law today! Now, allow us to explain how cam footage in a car accident can help your case.
What Is a Dash Cam?
Short for dashboard camera, a dash cam is a device mounted to your dashboard or windshield. The camera records the view out of the front of your vehicle as you drive, and can be manually activated or set to record when the vehicle is on.
How Does a Dash Cam Work?
Most dash cams record whenever they are on, but because their storage capacity is limited, they only save about six hours of footage. Unless manually saved, the old footage is overwritten. Note: Dash cams are legal in all 50 states, although the regulations regarding audio use varies.
How Can a Dash Cam Make a Difference in Your Case?
In accident cases where fault is difficult to determine, dash cam footage can be used to confirm your version of events. For instance, footage may show the at-fault driver swerving or driving erratically moments before they collided with your vehicle. Dash cam footage showing a license plate can also be useful in hit-and-run accidents if the driver who fled the scene claims to be misidentified.
In addition to recording the events that led up to the crash and those that followed, dash cam footage can show road signs, weather conditions, and other elements that may be important in determining who is to blame.
Contact Ross Moore Law Today!
In the aftermath of a car accident, victims are often left to deal with injuries and vehicle damage. Proving that another driver is to blame can be a major hurdle – and a major headache – in the pursuit of fair compensation. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, advocating on your behalf and fighting for the damages you deserve.
Looking for a local personal injury attorney to handle your case? Our team at Ross Moore Law is eager to put our experience to work for you. If you have been injured in a car accident or have questions about the role of dash cam footage, call us today or book a free consultation online!
Ross Moore Law is conveniently located in the heart of Atlanta, GA.
Conveniently located in the heart of Atlanta, GA, we are proud to serve clients throughout the surrounding areas of Athens, Alpharetta, Peachtree Corners, Marietta and more! In addition to Georgia clients, we welcome Tennessee clients as well! Get in touch today.
Attorney Ross Moore and our personal injury team handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
Discover More on Personal Injury Topics:
- Determining Fault in Lane Change Accident
- Fall Months Bring Unique Traffic Safety Risks
- Georgia Cracks Down on Distracted Driving with The Hands-Free Georgia Act
- How to Get a Copy of a Car Accident Report in Georgia
- In a Car Accident, Who Is At Fault for a Car Pileup? Multi-car Accident?
- Left Turn Accidents: Who is Liable
- Low Impact Car Accidents Can Still Cause High Levels of Injuries
- Most Dangerous Highways in the Atlanta Area
- My Airbags Did Not Deploy. Who is At Fault?
- Signs You Had a Brain Injury in a Car Wreck
- Six Things To Remember When in A Car Accident In Georgia
- The Tricks of Insurance Adjusters
- Types of Motorcycle Crashes and How to Avoid Them
- Understanding Comparative Negligence
- What are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
- What is a Black Box and How Can it Impact My Accident Case?
- What Percentage of Car Accidents Are Caused by Human Error?
- When to Use Vehicle Lights